Here comes another one from one of the FB weight loss groups that I am in.
One of the people said, “My cheat day turned into a cheat week!” with a bunch of crying emojis after it.
Of course she was pissed off and frustrated, as anyone who has done this would understand.
A large amount of people were chiming in and saying, “me too” or “a cheat day turned into months of cheating” or along those lines.
I too have been there, done that, got the t-shirt and yup it sucks.
Once this happens a person will more than likely gain alot of weight in a very short period of time.
So how do we protect ourselves from this?
- If you don’t feel like you need a cheat or feel it will throw you off then listen to yourself and don’t do it.
- Don’t do full out cheat days unless you are trying to maintain bodyweight. Keep it to a cheat meal.
- Have 1-2 cheat meals per week in the evening. If you eat them them in the morning more than likely to cheat rest of day.
- Have cheat meal Sunday night as Monday it’s back to routine. Having a cheat on Fri night is asking for trouble and more than likely sets you up for cheating rest of weekend. Weight gain. Sunday evening is the best time for a cheat meal.
- Eat out for your cheats. You are more than likely going to eat alot less at a restaurant than buying a bunch of stuff and eating at home for a variety of reasons. Plus once you leave the restaurant its over and wont last hours.
- Revolve around events. If you know you have events and are going to be eating and drinking then plan to have your cheats then.
- Dont keep cheat foods in the house or stuff you know that will trigger you. This is important. This is how you trip off a cheat meal into a cheat week.
- Plan your cheats when and what you will have. There is a psychological difference between planning and having your cheat or free meal as opposed to breaking down and going to town and eating everything in sight.
Follow these rules when it comes to cheat or free meals and you will still get weight loss without having to give up your favorite foods!
Related Articles (Click To View):
- Weight Loss Is Not Linear
- How Not To Get That Skinny Fat Look
- The 2 Most Critical Times In Your Weight Loss Journey
- The One Thing You Must Do To Successfully Lose Weight
- A Sure Way To Fail At Weight Loss
- Why Following A Moderate Diet Deficit Sucks