There are many ways to lose weight.
As long as you are in a calorie deficit then you will lose weight.
You cannot defy the law of thermodynamics.
Eat more calorie than you burn you will gain weight.
Burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight.
Eat the same amount of calories that you burn and you will maintain weight.
Pretty simple concept.
It is how you manipulate those calories/macros and what will give you the highest chance of success.
As being someone who has struggled with my weight all my life and working with hundreds of people in the same boat I believe that low carb does in fact work the best.
Here are my reasonings:
- Most people with weight problems have a very hard time regulating carb intake. They can eat a very large number of calories in one sitting, without getting satisfied.
- Most people with weight problems have a very hard time stopping eating carbs once they start. It is in fact an addiction, just as alcohol and drugs and should be treated as such. Which means total elimination.
- For most people with weight problems carbs make them feel like crap. Less energy, poor sleep, digestive problems. It is very common for people to feel way better once they switch over to low carb.
- Simplicity. Following a low carb diet is very simple with minimal weighing and measuring. Once you get into other weight loss plans they become more difficult to follow with more weighing and measuring. This also increases the chances for errors and not following it properly.
- For people with weight problems carbs have a greater effect on brain chemicals than for people who don’t. The effect of carbs on various brain chemicals/hormones is greater in people with weight problems and I believe is strongly the body’s way of trying to increase certain chemicals/hormones.
Now, there are diets like eat what ever you want and as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. This is called “If it fits your macros or IIFYM.
Sure this works and an example of this would eat a Big Mac Meal and thats if for the day. For most people if they only ate this yes they would lose weight, but for the reasons I mentioned above I think this approach works best for people who don’t have eating/weight problems, and have very good self control.
Yes, there are people who are overweight but don’t have a problem with food, they just don’t really know or understand weight loss.
Once you teach them how to lose weight they usually reach their goals quickly and maintain their weight once they reach it.
Related Articles (Click To View):
- Weight Loss Is Not Linear
- How Not To Get That Skinny Fat Look
- The 2 Most Critical Times In Your Weight Loss Journey
- The One Thing You Must Do To Successfully Lose Weight
- A Sure Way To Fail At Weight Loss
- Why Following A Moderate Diet Deficit Sucks